Thursday, May 31, 2007

Quote of the day

I don't know why I'm commenting on this now, since I'm not much in the mood for my friends to pull a Linda Chavez on me again. But, the show must go on.

Dubya may say "Don't call it 'amnesty'", but Charlie Rangel says "Sure it is!" From the Washington Times:
On other weekend talk shows, Rep. Charles B. Rangel, New York Democrat and chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, said he and others who want to legalize illegal aliens should be up front about calling it amnesty.

"I don't know why this word 'amnesty' is such a terrible word," he said on CNN. "I think these people would make good citizens. We ought to give them amnesty."

At least give Rangel credit for being honest about the amnesty. He's saying that...what was the expression again? Oh, right..."if it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck..."

Labels: ,