Thursday, July 26, 2007

UPDATE: Changes coming soon

Haloscan sucks. Period. If you leave a comment, you may get a message telling you "The service is unavailable" or something to that effect. It's been happening a lot lately (along with other problems from a moderator's view) that are just unacceptable. So, I've finally had it.

I will be spending some time reviewing other commenting mechanisms before settling on one. I may even move this blog to Wordpress, and kill two birds with one stone (Blogger and Haloscan). Either way, I'm fed up with this. It's often frustrating enough to make me want to give this blogging thing up altogether.

UPDATE (7/26/2007 - 11:04 A.M. EST): I am sooooooooo at Wordpress! Once I figure out how to import the Haloscan comments to Wordpress, then Blogger will go the way of the Whig Party. Once that happens, I'll put a redirect here so you won't have to update your bookmarks.

UPDATE (7/26/2007 - 01:52 P.M. EST): After a lot of research, it looks like there is no easy way to import Haloscan comments into Wordpress. However, I think I'm going to leave this blog in place here on Blogger so folks can access prior comments if they want to. Rest assured, though, that every post I've ever made is now at Wordpress (just without the comments, that's all). Basically, in the next day or two, you'll see a post here with a link to Crush Liberalism's new home. Stay tuned! :-)

UPDATE (7/27/2007 - 08:32 A.M. EST): The domain has been registered, DNS settings are propagating, etc. In non-techie speak, that means I should be up and running today (possibly before lunch). STAY TUNED!

Labels: