Friday, July 29, 2005

Race-baiting poverty pimp scores another win

Jesse Jackson, the shameless shyster, has cried "wolf" once again. Alas, ESPN gave in. From the Washington Post:
When programming executives at ESPN came up with the idea to send their main news show on a 50-state tour, they failed to include the one place in the country that is home to the White House, the U.S. Capitol and almost 600,000 residents.

The cable sports network paid for its omission.

The D.C. mayor issued a press release complaining of a monumental dis. A local radio political commentator threatened to call for a boycott of the network. And, yesterday, the Rev. Jesse Jackson jumped into the fray and called an ESPN executive to proclaim the District as worthy of a traveling television show.
Now I did go to college at Florida State, and I admit that I didn't take a geography course there, so cut me some slack here. But if my memory serves me correctly, Washington, D.C. is not a state. To quote that intellectual giant Bobcat Goldthwait: "Magellan, get a f###ing map!"

No, I'm not dissing D.C., but why call it a "50-state" tour if you're going to D.C., too? Anyway, read the article. It looks like ESPN did the French thing and gave in.