Tuesday, January 10, 2006

"My Senator and Me"

While I'm on Kennedrunk's new children's book:
Meet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in "My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C."

Scholastic Inc. will release the book in May.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to create a book for young readers and their families that will deepen their understanding of how our American government works," Kennedy said in a statement Monday issued by Scholastic.

According to Scholastic, Kennedy's book "not only takes readers through a full day in the Senator's life, but also explains how a bill becomes a law."
Splash...and I bet the morbid irony is completely lost on Teddy!

A full day in Teddy's life? Since it's a children's book, I'm assuming it will omit scotch-laden stupors and waitress sandwiches. I'm also assuming that the book may at least partially ghostwritten, since it requires actual knowledge of how a bill becomes a law in order to explain it to kids.