Thursday, February 01, 2007

SF mayor has affair

What two grown men do behind closed doors is...what? It was with a woman? Well, hell, how presumptuous of me! It was San Fran, so I just figured...I mean, uh, "not that there's anything wrong with that"! You know, this is a new era and...aw, never mind.

Oh, yeah...the news story:
Mayor Gavin Newsom apologized Thursday for having a sexual relationship with his former campaign manager’s wife.

“I’m deeply sorry,” Newsom said during a brief news conference at City Hall the day after the aide resigned. Newsom appeared poised but visibly emotional. He spoke for about a minute and left without taking questions.

Alex Tourk, 39, resigned Wednesday after confronting his boss about his relationship with his wife, Ruby Rippey-Tourk, 34, who once worked as the mayor’s appointment secretary.

Newsom acknowledged that he had the affair first reported Wednesday night on the San Francisco Chronicle’s Web site and apologized for what he called “a lapse of judgment.”

“I want to make it clear that everything you’ve read is true and I’m deeply sorry about that,” he said. “I hurt someone I care deeply about, Alex Tourk and his family and friends, and that is something I’m deeply sad about and sorry for.”
Now that he's fessed up to some unwholesome intercourse, I'm predicting that his approval ratings will soar in San Franinstan. Hey, give the guy his due for not wagging his finger and denying "having sexual relations with that woman" or redefining "sex"!

Labels: ,