Thursday, May 10, 2007

Silky Pony: "Hedge fund taught me about poverty"

I may have officially seen it all. From the NY Post:
Democrat John Edwards said yesterday that he worked for a hedge fund between presidential campaigns, to learn about financial markets and their relationship to poverty - and to make money, too.

The former North Carolina senator said his yearlong, part-time position with Fortress Investment Group helped his understanding of the connection, but he has more to learn.

I'd say he does indeed have more to learn. Living in a 28k sq. ft. energy hog of a mansion while receiving a $400 trimming of his well-coiffed 'do tells me he doesn't know much about poverty. Hey, I don't begrudge the man his money (except for that channeling cerebral palsy unborns thingy), but he needs to stop peeing on my leg and telling me that it's raining.

Anywho, back to the original point: he had to work for a hedge fund in order to learn about poverty. That gives me a great idea! I'm gonna go work for an adult video company as one of their "movie stars" so I can learn more about God and morals. Wish me luck. Bow-chicka-wah-wah!

Labels: ,