Monday, June 27, 2005

Stolen election and red state Americans kill moonbat

Some of you may have read or heard about this already. My apologies for being late to this, but I decided to weigh in.

Some liberal moonbat in Tuscon, AZ, named Cory William Zimbleman died last week or the week before. His obit has to be read in order to be believed. Here's part of it, exactly as it appears in the Tuscon paper (and online version):

An avid atheist, he studied the bible and religion with more fervor than most Christians. He had strong political opinions and followed Amy Goodman's radio broadcast "Democracy Now." Alas the stolen election of 2000 and living with right-winged Americans finally brought him to his early demise. Stress from living in this unjust country brought about several heart attacks rendering him disabled.
I feel griefstricken and horrible that I in part contributed to this man's demise! To think that his whole life was caught up so much in politics that he allowed it to ruin his health to the point of mortal deterioration...I mean, it is just sad. Not his death (which is sad to those who knew him)...but his narrow worldview and fatal obsession.

Look, I despised Bill Clinton with every fiber of my being, but I had a nice life during the Clinton years (no, libs, this is not an invitation to tell me my happiness was based upon Clinton's policies, economy, etc.). While I hated how that man defiled the Oval Office, I didn't live my life obsessing with anything that went on in D.C. During the Clinton years, I attended FSU, got married, had kids, and established a helluva career (among many other accomplishments and memories). I never thought "Yeah, all that was great, but it meant nothing because Bill Clinton was president!"

Also, note in the obituary the phrase "an avid atheist." Isn't that like saying "a fervent non-drinker" or "a staunch non-parent"? How can you enthusiastically not believe in or practice something? Here's guessing that right about now, Mr. Zimbleman is a believer.

Also, he fervently studied the Bible of a religion he rejected. Why? Most atheists I know are always looking for "gotchas" in the Bible to try to prove that it's bullsh#t and thus there is no Christian God. You would think they would be content to simply allow the 90% of us Americans who believe in God to wallow in our "ignorance", right? But no...they try to bring us down to their level of misery by trying to get us adopt their non-believing attitudes.

Look, I have no problems with atheists who live and let live. It's not my job to convince them that they're going to Hell, and I really don't wanna try. I dated a girl in college for over a year who was an atheist, but she didn't begrudge me for going to church or believing in God. I didn't try to convert her, so we got along great. I have a couple of friends who are atheists or believe in other gods. Besides, I'm far from perfect, to say the very least, so I don't exactly feel like being a hypocrite and telling other people how to live a righteous life when I fall WAY short of one myself. My "live and let live" attitude is in stark contrast with the hostility displayed by most atheists I've ever encountered who are downright angry at those of us who don't share their views.

Anyway, R.I.P., Mr. Zimbleman. I'm sorry that your family and friends are grieving because you let your politics and worldview deprive them of more time with you.