Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What would we do without the NAACP?

Headline: "NAACP: Court Nominee Should Advocate Civil Rights"

Dammit! I was really hoping for a nominee who would be diametrically opposed to civil rights! You know, a return to the good ol' days of Dred Scott and Jim Crow? Maybe some good clean fun, like forced relegation to the back of the bus or "separate but equal." Well, my dreams are shot to hell if the NAACP gets their way!

Yes, folks...that's sarcasm. I was making fun of the headline. I mean, no one except separatists or other racists are against civil rights. I just find it amusing that when libs and the MSM (pardon the redundancy) make mention of "civil rights", basically they mean pro-affirmative action or pro-quotas or anything else that violates the civil rights of one group "misfortunate" enough to be born of a skin color or gender that doesn't curry favor with the politically correct elitists.