Monday, August 15, 2005

I hate to pile on, but...

I'm gonna. It's my blog. I can do that.

Cindy Sheehan, the grieving mother who lost her son Casey in Iraq last year, has been camped outside of Bush's Crawford ranch with the MoveOn moonbats. She's now declaring three things of note:

1. She's not going to pay taxes until her son is reanimated;
2. She's a foreign policy expert, which may have come about while fraternizing with some granola-eating tree-hugging MoveOn hippie retread named Moonbeam...or some anti-Semites instead.
3. She doesn't want to meet with the president, despite public declarations to the contrary.

"My son was killed in 2004. I am not paying my taxes for 2004. You killed my son, George Bush, and I don't owe you a penny...you give my son back and I'll pay my taxes. Come after me and we'll put this war on trial." Again, Bush did not kill her son...Islamic terrorists did. She seems to have more contempt towards Bush than the actual murderers who took her baby. I'm sorry, but that's incredibly irrational. And don't pay your taxes, for all I care. The IRS will worry about that, not me.

Also, as to her foreign policy expertise: "You get America out of Iraq and Israel out of Palestine and you'll stop the terrorism," Sheehan declares. Wow...that sounds an awful lot like al Qaeda's own Al-Jazeera public statements.

Well, if Bush would just meet with her, everything would be fine, right? Maybe, if not for the fact that she told the little-watched MSNBC show Countdown with Keith Blabberman that she hopes he doesn't meet with her (that would effectively kill her 15 minutes of fame):
OLBERMANN: Last question. It‘s pure politics. The nature of the media coverage you‘re getting now, the response from other families of soldiers killed in Iraq, all of that, from the perspective of your protest there, in a way, isn‘t it really better if President Bush doesn‘t meet with you?

SHEEHAN: I would think so, yes. I think it‘s great. And if he would come out right now, it would really defuse the momentum, and I don‘t want to give them any hints. And I think that‘s something they‘ve probably already thought about.
Unfortunately, she's tarnishing Casey's memory and embarrassing herself with these little escapades. She is enjoying her 15 minutes of fame at her family's expense. As Sol obseves: "Cindy's sacrifice is unfathomable, but as an adult responsible for her own actions, her politics and public statements are open to critique because she has (enthusiastically - ed.) put them out there."