Thursday, January 12, 2006

Biden steps in it

Chalk up a big "Oopsies!" for Joe Biden (Plagiarist-DE), who intends on running for President in 2008. Observe:
Speaking of Princeton University, Sen. Joe Biden is for it.

There was some confusion over his position on the matter during questioning Tuesday about CAP. Biden declared he "wasn't a big Princeton fan" years ago because of enrollment policies, which Alito says have changed.

"I didn't even like Princeton," Biden told Alito Tuesday. "I mean, I really didn't like Princeton. I was an Irish Catholic kid who thought it had not changed like you concluded it had."

A day later, Biden went for the photo-op, questioning Alito about CAP while wearing a white baseball cap emblazoned with "PRINCETON."

"I want to, kind of, set the record straight on Princeton," Biden said.

"You know, I'd be proud of my daughter at Princeton Graduate School, instead of (University of Pennsylvania) now," he said, quickly adding, "although I am very proud she is at Penn."
Not a good idea to insult a university with a substantial and educated alumni (and voting) base as Princeton, is it, Senator...especially when you will be courting these folks during your presidential campaign? It was probably a good idea to do a Kerry on Princeton like you did: "I actually was against Princeton...before I was for it!"

Then again, he could always claim that he swiped his notes from someone else's notes. It's not like he hasn't done it before.