Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

There are lots of great tributes and stories around the blogosphere on this day, the five-year anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on American soil. Ignore the MSM sites, since they have few tributes or are otherwise filled with useless articles/editorials.

I'm going to make my point short and sweet, and I welcome your comments as well (unless you intend on leaving moonbattery-laced comments, in which case your words won't see the light of day here):

Whether those on the left wish to acknowledge it or not, we are in a clash of civilizations. Period. I know, it's not P.C. to say that...someone send me a reminder e-mail to care about that, m'kay? Thanks in advance.

You want proof that we're in a clash of cultures and civilizations? Just look at their reactions to 9/11.

After the attacks, President Bush said that you are either with us, or you are with the terrorists. There is no in-between. While he and the eclair-spined politicians may waiver, neither I nor millions of Americans will waiver in our resolve. September 11, 2001, should have forever united the people of this country in our commitment to stamp out terrorism wherever it exists. Alas, said commitment was eventually chipped away by the usual partisan bickering that should be non-existent in times of national crisis on matters of national survival.

The best way to honor the victims and heroes of 9/11/01 is to steel your resolve in making sure this enemy is snuffed out. Such resolve will involve working to elect leaders who actually WANT this enemy dead more than they want to politically destroy their domestic ideological opponents. Capitulating to Islamofascism is equivalent to urinating on the graves and memories of the fallen, and I will be damned before I allow that to happen.

Hug your children. Call your family members. Rejoice life. And to my readers who are of faith, I say to you: Pray for God's blessings on this country.