Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Some changes here

I've done some reflecting over the holidays, and I've had a "mini-epiphany" of sorts. I'll spare you the events that led to the "m.e.", but the condensed version is that I'm altering my style and approach a bit.

Anyone who's been here for a while knows that my style has consisted of biting sarcasm combined with logic (or what I like to think of as logic, anyway). I've decided to tone down the sarcasm a great deal. For some of you, this may be a welcome change, and for others, it may be somewhat disappointing...to the point that you don't come back here as often. I can respect either sentiment. However, I just decided that I didn't want to deal with people that way anymore. It wouldn't kill me to be a bit nicer, would it? To be honest, I had actually contemplated giving up the blog altogether, but I think I won't go that far.

Have my politics changed? No. Has my passion for writing changed? Not really. Am I more liberal these days? Not a snowball's chance in Hades! Am I terminally ill? Not that I'm aware of! I just think that in light of my "mini-epiphany", life is too short to be sarcastic or cynical or anything like that. I promise I won't break out in a rendition of "Kumbaya" or anything like that!

Anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will return tomorrow with a post or two...or several. Thank you all for coming here, as it is greatly appreciated!