Monday, April 18, 2005

Carville threatens to commit hate crime

Recall my previous post about Bill Clinton calling GOP advisor Arthur Finkelstein (who is gay) "self-loathing." Well, the Ragin' Cajun himself, James Carville, had this to say about Finkelstein on the little-watched CNN show Crossfire:
I wouldn't attack him verbally. I would have walked up and cold cocked him. I think he should have just laid him out. I mean, you know what I mean? Let's hit the pavement, boy. I mean, you say you're going to my wife what these guys did, the way they maligned John Kerry and everything? I want to just -- I'd have just hauled off and slugged him. I would have. But at any rate -- (Applause). Let me -- I think anybody can understand somebody come to their wife saying -- I tell you what, if he wouldn't have said that, I would have called him and said, "What kind of man are you? What kind of husband are you?"
Ah, yes...those peace-loving liberals! Don't attack Saddam Hussein, but attack a gay Republican instead! I guess because gaybashing isn't a hate-crime yet (though the libs purport to want to make it one), he wouldn't be guilty of anything beyond simple assault.

You have to love those "pacifists", don't you?