Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Get a life, people! -- Part II

John McCain makes a cameo appearance in the movie Wedding Crashers. Apparently, there's a great deal of breast exposure in the movie. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm no fan of McCain. I think he's a publicity whore who wants to curry favor with the media to further his presidential ambitions, and his arrogance rivals that of the Clintons and Kennedys.

Having said that, I must admit I got quite a kick out of what McCain told Leno, when asked about his appearance in the movie:
In Washington, I work with boobs every day!
I'm sorry, people, but that's just damned funny! Not to mention highly accurate.

Look, I know he's one of Hollywood's big critics. He's held hearings chastising studios for producing R-rated films and marketing them to teens. Does this make him a hypocrite? Maybe it does, and I don't like hypocrisy at all. So if he catches hell, so be it.

I just think it's much ado about nothing. Don't be a boob, folks! I'll keep you abreast of the situation!