Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Spokane mayor recalled for offering jobs to gay men

Interesting article:
Mayor Jim West was recalled from office Tuesday in a special election prompted by news accounts that he offered City Hall jobs and perks to young men he met in a gay Internet chat room.

In the city's first all-mail election, 38,718, or 65 percent, voted "yes" for recall, while 20,681, or 35 percent, voted to retain West, 54, who became the city's first elected chief executive to be ousted before his term expired.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I think the paper's got it wrong. He wasn't offering jobs to gay men, but blow jobs!

I mean...that's what I heard! How would I know? Just because I was in Spokane recently and...ummm...moving on to the next post!

(For those of you in blue states, that was a joke. "Not funny 'ha-ha', funny 'queer'!")