Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rummy tells MSM to kiss his ass

Sometimes I like Rummy. Sometimes I do not. This is one of those occasions where I do like him. Dialogue with a Beltway press corpse (yes, I spelled it "corpse" on purpose, since they're a dying irrelevant breed):
REPORTER: Mr. Secretary, November of '01, the president, according to several books that you haven't disputed, said start planning...

RUMSFELD: You think I'm going to stand around reading your books and disputing things in them or validating or not validating? I've got a real daytime job. (Ouch! - Ed.) I mean, you'd do nothing else but that if you did that. The fact that I haven't disputed something, I mean, if I disputed all the mythology that comes out of this group and the books of the world, I wouldn't have any time to do anything else.
Translation: "I have no interest in either validating or disputing you morons' tabloidal leftist bullsh#t, so you'll have to forgive me for not taking you seriously. Some of us actually work for a living, and in a respectable profession, too! You should give it a whirl someday!"

I hear Aloe works well on a freshly tanned backside, Mr. Reporter...but I wouldn't know.