Friday, February 04, 2005

Old bag in Colorado sues teen girls for making cookies for neighbors

This one is too much. It just goes to show you that no good deed goes unpunished.

According to the Denver Post:

Two Durango teens thought they'd surprise neighbors with nighttime deliveries of home-baked treats. But one woman was so terrified, she sued and has won.

Durango - Two teenage girls decided one summer's evening to skip a dance where there might be cursing and drinking to stay home and bake cookies for their neighbors.

Big mistake.

They were sued, successfully, for an unauthorized cookie drop on one porch.
I'll ruin the ending for you:
A Durango judge Thursday awarded Wanita Renea Young almost $900 to recoup her medical bills (trip to the ER). She received nothing for pain and suffering.

"The victory wasn't sweet," Young said Thursday afternoon. "I'm not gloating about it. I just hope the girls learned a lesson."
Yeah, they learned a lesson: that their old biddy of a neighbor is a hateful old bag, the kind of person who gets off on bringing everyone else down to her level of misery. I mean, read that line again: I'm not gloating about it! By saing that she's not gloating about it, she is definitely gloating about it!

I have no proof, but based on her misery level and her eagerness to sue two wonderful girls, I'd bet she's a bedwetting liberal. Again...I have no proof! I'm just guessing, since it fits the modus operandi of the left.