Friday, February 02, 2007

Whoopi: I don't think, I "feel"

Thanks to Jenn of the Jungle for alerting me to this. Whoopi Goldberg was on Blowhard Bill O'Reilly's show, and they were in a spat over whether or not Hollyweirdos are doing themselves a disservice by speaking on policy positions of which they know nothing. Here's the telling part of the transcript:
O'REILLY: But don't you feel it's his responsibility if he or Jane Fonda and the rest and you too are going to take strong policy stands, because people do listen to you...

GOLDBERG: Yes. Yes.

O'REILLY: ... that you know what the heck you're talking about?

GOLDBERG: Well, I think he's very clear that he is not for the war in Iraq. It's not a new stance that he's had. He's also for years been a peace activist. So this can't come as a surprise to anybody.

No. 2, when I take a stance on something, all I can talk to you about it how I feel about it and why. And I don't have to justify it, and you don't have to listen to it. But it is important for everyone to know that they have an opinion and they have a — have a right to express it.

O'REILLY: But your opinion is a little bit more heard than somebody — than Sally in Charlotte, North Carolina.

GOLDBERG: No different than yours.

O'REILLY: No, but I back mine up all day long with facts and everything else.

GOLDBERG: But you know what? Your opinion is your opinion. And if you want to go...

O'REILLY: Based on facts.

GOLDBERG: And if you want to go and get lots of facts and not go from your heart. I go from my heart.
There you have it, ladies and germs! Do you see the title portion of my blog, under the catchy "Crush Liberalism" part, that describes liberalism as a "feeling, but not thinking" ideology? The Whoopstress has confirmed that without ambiguity. She, a liberal, has just admitted that point unabashedly. She's saying "I don't care about facts, because they just get in the way of a good feeling!"

It is nice to have a liberal finally admit to that. One down, a few million to go...

Labels: ,