Sunday, January 09, 2005

GOP contests Washington guv race...in part, due to dead voters

According to Seattle's newspaper, a minimum of eight dead people voted in liberal Seattle in the November (though ongoing) Washington state governor's race. Amazingly, Seattle's elections supervisor has the audacity to assert that these dead voters "are not indications of fraud"!

These are not people who voted absentee before the election, then died before the election. Those votes should count, of course. Nope, these are people who died before absentee ballots were even mailed out. Story here.

I guess it is, in part, due to dead voters (the fraudulent behavior of Seattle elections officials notwithstanding) that the state GOP is contesting the election.

Hat tip to Tom at The Donegal Express blog for this hilarious observation:

And did anyone else enjoy all the "found" ballots coming out of King County? I wish I had some extra time, I would have set up a pool. I could have made a ton! How many ballots will be "found" on which days?

That was so predictable, it reminded me of an exchange from that chick baseball movie, the one with Tom Hanks.

"What if at a key moment in the game my, my uniform bursts open and, uh, oops., my bosoms come flying out? That, that might draw a crowd, right? "
"What if at a key moment in the election, we open a closet door and, uh, oops., a thousand ballots come flying out? That could tip an election, right?"