Friday, October 07, 2005

"I see dead people!"

The MSM is making a big deal out of Bush saying that he talks to God...and God talks back. From the Beeb:
Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"
While I concede that it probably wasn't wise to tell a group of Muslims that our God wanted us to attack Afghanistan and Iraq, I do notice a bit of hypocrisy here by the MSM...color me with the "surprised" crayon!

Recall Hillary's imaginary conversations with the ghost of Eleanor Roosevelt? Why, the press lapped that up like Ted Kennedy's dog "Splash" (must.resist."Chappaquiddick".quip!) on a bowl of apple brandy! That's right, this "unconventional" introspection was proof of Hillary's genius, as far as the MSM was concerned.

So, in summary: talking to God makes you weird, but talking to the Ghost of First Lady Past makes you brilliant. Got it?